All Students must pass a swim test that includes the skills outlined below. We also recommend you to study prior to taking the Training Course.
You can find all necessary training resources on-line by clicking here.
1) Swim 300m using these strokes in this order:
- 100m front crawl
- 100m breaststroke
- 100m front crawl or breaststroke or combination of both.
2) Brick Retrieval Test:
- Swim 20m using freestyle or breaststroke.
- Dive 2–3m, retrieve a 5kg brick & return to the surface.
- Swim 20m back to your starting point with both hands on the brick.
3) Final Written Exam:
- You will pass a written exam based on skills learned during the course.
- You will be permitted to use a dictionary to translate if necessary.